Saturday, December 1, 2007

What the heck is Kielbasa?

I sent this recipe to several friends for a recipe exchange and every one of them came back with, "What on Earth...?" So here it is: Kielbasa. Found by bacon and packaged meats. $2.44 at Walmart. We pick turkey, but they're all good.












Cabbage & Kielbasa:
1 green pepper, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
2 T. olive oil
1 lb. kielbasa, in 1/2" pieces
16 oz. bag coleslaw
1/2 c. chicken broth
1/2 t. each garlic powder, cumin
hot pepper sauce (I use EXACTLY 12 dashes...)
Saute peppers and onion in oil. Add all else and turn until cabbage is wilted & hot throughout. About 10 min? I also like to brown the kielbasa first. I have these ingredients on hand at all times (fresh or frozen), it is my favorite 15 minute meal and my children ask for it every night anyway.

1 comment:

Toni Dee! said...

OK - so we tried the cabbage and Kielbasa the other night and I really liked it (yes I was suprised) I'm not usually a cabbage fan, but it was very yummy and even though my silly kids wouldn't touch the cabbage, they also loved the sausage and my son ate protein! YAY! Thanks for sharing this - keep them coming!