Monday, December 17, 2007

Save room for the best part!

And here I stash my favorite desserts!

Dole's Strawberry Sauce:
1/2 c. orange juice
1 T. cornstarch
2 c. frozen strawberries, quartered
1/4 c. sugar
1 T. marmalade (opt.)
Mix in a large sauce pan. Heat all to boiling & thickened. Cool and serve chilled. Fresh berries work also, don't leave out the OJ and I have never used marmalade (but I did use apricot jam once and that was fine).


Another RS dessert--super moist and a little bit lite, too!
Pineapple Orange Cake:
18 oz. box yellow cake mix
4 eggs
11 oz. can mandarin oranges
1/2 c. oil
Blend with a handheld mixer for 3-5 minutes. Bake in a greased 9x13 dish at 325* for 45 min. Cool completely.
Frosting:
20 oz. can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 oz. box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
12 oz. lite whipped topping, thawed
First, scoop off 1/2 c. of the pineapple. I know that sounds odd. The original recipe called for a 16 oz. can of crushed, which I have never found or maybe it was that I didn't want to pay for two 8 oz. cans...Now blend all ingredients on low for 3 min. Frost cake and store overnight in the fridge. Fruit in cake is kind of a thing for me, huh?

No comments: