Friday, September 12, 2008

No soup for you!


Sheesh, you'd think I was the soup Nazi! Are there no soup recipes to be had, you ask? Well, I'd better get a move on. SOUP RECIPE #1:


White Chicken Chili:
1 Tb. olive oil
2 lb. boneless skinless chicken
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 c. chicken broth
4 oz. can diced green chiles
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried cilantro
15 oz. can white beans, rinsed
small can green enchilada sauce (opt.)

Cube chicken and cook with onion in oil 5 min. I skipped this step and used cooked, shredded from the freezer. Add broth, chiles & spices. Simmer 15 min. Add beans and enchilada sauce if you choose. Heat through. Top with Monterey Jack or crushed tortilla chips.

By the way, the enchilada sauce is my friend Georgia's "secret ingredient" and I only put the "optional" part for your benefit. At our house it is mandatory.
Wait for the first snow! I will post my mother-in-law's traditional Cream of Broccoli Soup, which is unbelievable.

2 comments:

XO said...

yum... I'll have to try this one too. Can I just tell you that I made bread today? Are you so impressed? Talk about stepping outside my comfort zone. It's dee-lish too. I thought I should let you know.

Okay, so now I'm waiting for the first snow... hmm... hopefully you mean the first snow there...

Merit Badge Mom said...

Once again your receipes amaze. I can hardly wait to try this one.