Monday, September 15, 2008

In the words of my Husband...


"French fries are just a means of getting the ketchup to your mouth."
In the words of my five year old (3 years ago): "More kappitch please."
In the words of my two year old: "Dip, dip, diiiiiippp!"

That's right folks, my family loves ketchup--except for me. Oh, it's not bad, it just isn't what I prefer. They eat it on chicken nuggets and in beef stew, on eggs and potatoes. It leaves red rashes on my little one's faces and still they dip on. I must say in high school, ranch dressing was my condiment of choice for fries and nuggets, but it is shunned in our current household (who doesn't like ranch??), also except for me, although I can't stand the stuff out of a bottle, but I could drink my homemade version. So I now go for plain fries--or even fry sauce is better than ketchup--and equal parts dijon mustard and apricot jam for my nuggets, honey mustard at McDonald's. I take a good amount of hot pepper sauce on my eggs and sour cream on my potatoes.

Now I want to know what you like. I don't mind if you are closed-minded ketchup freaks. Crazy or not, tell me your favorite dips, sauces and condiments and what you eat them on. Come on, people. I need a laugh.

10 comments:

XO said...

I side with you on the Ketchup and Ranch accounts.

I adore BBQ sauce and Dijon mustard. When I worked at the deli, I would make a sandwich (breakfast sandwich with eggs or a lunch meat sandwich - it didn't matter) and eat it with my two sauces as side dips. Dip in BBQ. Bite. Dip in Mustard. Bite. Dip. Bite. Dip. Bite. This way I didn't have to decide between my two favorites.

Laurel said...

Oh, yes, that reminds me. I do the same thing will sweet & sour and honey mustard at McDonald's. MMM. Do they have Rocky Mountain Apricot Sauce where you live? That is our new favorite BBQ. We spread it on Papa Murphy's Chicken Bacon Something Calzone.

Heather said...

I really, really like honey and mustard mixed together home made as a dip for chicken. I also like Some Dude's Fry sauce with a little salsa for extra kick. Sorry that is not really funny, but both very good.

Toni Dee! said...

My favorite dipping for veggies is Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette. I also really like italian dressing on almost everything (meat, pasta, veggies). My kids are more of the Ranch variety.

Lynnell Fulkerson said...

I am in to hummus lately - I find it in the deli cheese refrigerator at the grocery store. Hummus with roasted pine nuts, hummus with roasted red peppers, hummus with garlic and olive oil. It is like bean dip but smoother. Good on crunchings and munchings like carrot chips and blue corn tortilla chips. Anybody have a recipe for it?

Laurel said...

Mom--I bet I could find one...

Merit Badge Mom said...

Yes. I am from Utah because I love fry sauce. I will not eat fries out side of Utah.

Kathi said...

Hello Laurel-
Long time no see. Hope all is going well for your little family. Gotta love Ketchup!!!!

Joanne said...

Your Husband is much like his father. You should ask him what his favorite sandwich was when he was a kid!x

Larissa said...

I like all condiments, but I love fry sauce and mustard. I also like ranch. If I ate chicken nuggets, I would love honey mustard and sweet and sour sauce. I love those sauces but I don't get the chance to eat them much.:-(