Monday, November 26, 2007

Awfuls!


I know, bad first impression. When I started making these, my 18 month old couldn't quite say "waffles". We thought it was so cute that it stuck. For your family's sake, I suggest you present them as "French Toast Waffles", and if you are a fan of either, you will love these.
French Toast Waffles:
4 eggs
1/2 c. milk
8 slices bread
Beat eggs and milk in a shallow dish. Dip bread into mixture, coating both sides. Place on preheated waffle iron. Yeah! My iron takes about 4 minutes. If you use very square-shaped bread, you can fit four slices. There you go, ten minutes to breakfast.
P.S. A dash of cinnamon and a blip of vanilla into the egg mix are a nice addition, too.

1 comment:

XO said...

That's such a great idea - I'm way behind on checking out your blog - hopefully I can force myself to leave work early today and browse a bit - it looks great!