Thursday, November 29, 2007

Where Have I Been?

I think I've been living in the Dark Ages. The other day, I woke up with the most wonderful idea. I would make a menu planning program for computers. I was going to be a millionaire! Then I checked the internet. Apparently someone else already did and is. I take back the genius comment. So, there is one software (I don't know if that is grammatically correct) that looks super-cool. I think it literally does everything as far as food planning, shopping, estimating...I went directly to the website and it looks like my needs could all be met for only $99.99! I'll be darned if I am going to make someone else a millionaire on my own idea! Okay, so one click to ebay and I can get it shrink-wrapped and new for ten bucks. Hmmm...Santa? Are you paying attention?
Here is one for those of you who don't menu plan but still do the shopping: www.homeplansoftware.com/shoplist.htm
It is completely free, you won't even have to give them your address, just click and download. You can add all the things you like to buy and how much they cost. Click and drag and print out a list. You are wondering how this is better than handwriting? Well, if you care, it adds up an estimate and you can save your list. Also, it prints out your list in categories, so you pick up everything you need from the baking aisle while you are standing there and don't have to go back because flour was written tiny at the end of your list. Did everyone else already know about this?

No comments: