Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Soup Month -- Day 8

Found my camera -- can you tell?
Dinner was so awesome, I decided to post an actual recipe!




Meatball Stew
1 bell pepper, chopped big
1 onion, chopped big
1 lb. sliced mushrooms
4 carrots, chopped big
4 potatoes, same size as your carrots
1 can beef broth
1 lb. frozen meatballs

I boiled the carrots and potatoes in the broth until they were almost done, and sauteed the first three veggies in another pan, though I don't think it's necessary, I just love the smell of hot onions in oil. Put the mushroom mix in the potato pot and turn to low. If it's covered it will steam them more so they won't be crunchy, it's up to you. I microwaved the meatballs and then sauteed them, too! The browned effect is more appetizing... I added about a tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with water to thicken the broth, and threw in some worcestershire sauce and montreal steak seasoning per Sheridy's suggestion. It was awesome!! Serve on rice if you wanna, but it's good without, too.

No comments: